Saturday, February 17

ouch

Welp, this week marks the end of the term. Today is Tuesday and Thursday is the final. The very next Monday is the first day of the next term. No rest for the weary. I have no idea what level I will be teaching, but I prey to Vishnu that I will be blessed with a lower level. The higher levels that I’ve been teaching are albeit fun, but taxing on the ol’ gulliver. At this point I’d like nothing other than being able to pass the time in class holding up pictures and saying “house.. say it.. house… good!”

 

Try explaining “rich” in terms of the sensory verb “taste.” I used dark chocolate and filet mignon as examples, but feel that they somehow missed the mark… I’m going to chalk this one up to qualia.

 

I can’t move my neck in either direction without experiencing the worst sensation ever. Aspirin costs 80 pesos and I’ve only got 100 ‘till payday – 2 days away – so I asked everybody within an earshot for some pills and managed to land myself 3 aspirin and a red pill. I don’t know what it was but it made me feel a little relaxed, but didn’t dull the pain. I conducted my classes from a chair and had a student do my bidding on the whiteboard. After my last class a student offered to bring in some pills that he had left over from when he was having some back trouble. We’ll have to see how they work out. He said that they didn’t make him drowsy and that they don’t say not to drink while taking, so I don’t suspect them to be that great.

 

No comments: