Friday, March 30

on the road

I’m leaving bright and early on Monday morning for Tuxla Gutiérrez, Chiapas. I hope that while I’m there I’ll be able to visit San Cristóbal del las Casas to see if I can find anything Zapatismo. I’ll be there for a few days until we go to Oaxaca, the city; capital of Oaxaca the state. We will only be there for a day in order to pick up my roommate’s wife from the airport. From there we continue westward to the ocean. We’ll be staying for about 4 days at Playa Mazunte, a beach just south of a more popular beach, Puerto Escondido. After the beach we’ll return to Oaxaca to drop my roommate’s wife back off at the airport and then stay there for a few more days until we return to San Luis. My roommate is Oaxaceno, so I’m sure I get to see only the most interesting things of the place. Here’s a map of our route.

No comments: